Recently, there is a renaissance of halide perovskites as a class of semiconductor materials for a variety of photovoltaics and optoelectronics. Particularly, the inorganic halide perovskites draw more and more attention, owing to their enhanced stability toward moisture, oxygen, and heat, compared to the organic-inorganic hybrid perovskites (e.g. methylammonium lead iodide). The controlled synthesis, detailed structural analysis, optical, and electronic properties are of great fundamental interest. This project currently focuses on the synthesis of inorganic halide perovskite nanostructures and the characterization of their physical properties to 1) advance synthetic methodology of 0D, 1D, and 2D nanostructures, 2) establish and advance technology and instrumentation to study fundamental nanomaterial properties as well as the physical, chemical, and electronic interactions between them, and 3) apply the extracted knowledge to both develop integrated optoelectronic and photonic devices from these building blocks and to feed this knowledge back into the virtuous cycle of design, synthesis, measurement and application.
- 2015 – First atomically thin 2D perovskite: “Atomically Thin Two-Dimensional Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Perovskites”, L. Dou*, A. B. Wong*, Y. Yu*, M. Lai, N. Kornienko, S. W. Eaton, A. Fu, C. G. Bischak, J. Ma, T. Ding, N. S. Ginsberg, L. Wang, A. P. Alivisatos, and P. Yang, Science
- 2015 – First CsPbX3 nanowires by colloidal synthesis: “Solution-phase Synthesis of Cesium Lead Halide Perovskite Nanowires”,Dandan Zhang, Samuel W Eaton, Yi Yu, Letian Dou, and Peidong Yang., J. Am. Chem. Soc.
- 2015 – First perovskite nanorod vertical array: “Growth and Anion Exchange Conversion of CH3NH3PbX3 Nanorod Arrays for Light-Emitting Diodes”, Andrew Barnabas Wong, Minliang Lai, Samuel Wilson Eaton, Yi Yu, Elbert Lin, Letian Dou, Anthony Fu, and Peidong Yang, Nano Letters
- 2016 – Atomic resolution TEM imaging of 2D perovskite: “Atomic Resolution Imaging of Halide Perovskites”, Yi Yu*, Dandan Zhang*, Christian Kisielowski, Letian Dou, Nikolay Kornienko, Yehonadav Bekenstein, Andrew B Wong, A Paul Alivisatos, and Peidong Yang. Nano Letters
- 2016 – Ultrathin CsPbBr3 nanowires: “Ultrathin Colloidal Cesium Lead Halide Perovskite Nanowires”, Dandan Zhang*, Yi Yu*, Yehonadav Bekenstein*, Andrew B Wong, A Paul Alivisatos, and Peidong Yang. J. Am. Chem. Soc.
- 2016 – First CsPbX3 nanowire laser: “Lasing in Robust Cesium Lead Halide Perovskite Nanowires”,Samuel W Eaton, Minliang Lai, Natalie A Gibson, Andrew B Wong, Letian Dou, Jie Ma, Lin-Wang Wang, Stephen R Leone, and Peidong Yang, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA
- 2017 – CsPbI3 nanowire phase transition: “Structural, optical, and electrical study of phase controlled cesium lead iodide nanowires”, Minliang Lai, Qiao Kong, Connor G. Bischak, Yi Yu, Letian Dou, Sam Eaton, Naomi S. Ginsberg, Peidong Yang, Nano Research
Explore other research projects: